Agronomy Weekly

This week we are introducing a new tee set-up for winter golf that will accommodate everyone while eliminating some of the traffic to our most-played teeing grounds.  Our staff has created a tee marker set-up guide much like the hole location guides.  When our staff moves the hole locations, he is also provided with this guide that will instruct tee placement each day. 

We have eliminated two sets of the original five sets of tee markers.  This restricts play to certain areas, lessening the damage done during the dormant period.  We feel that placing the markers in the combo sets (Brigadier, Stagger Lee, and the original Georgie Boy) can accommodate each member.  The tees will also be on a front, middle and back rotation as they are moved.  This rotation will help with preserving the teeing ground as well.  We began this process this week and hope to maintain it throughout the winter months.

Please keep in mind that frost delays will become more common over the next few months.  I encourage you to contact the Golf Shop prior to your visit for updated course conditions.  

If you have any questions or feedback please contact me at scottn@springcreekranch.org.  I wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Best wishes,

Scott J. Newman

Golf Course Superintendent