Goodman Rudolph commits to Mississippi State

We wanted to recognize Goodman Rudolph for his verbal commitment to play golf at Mississippi State University.

Goodman, a junior at MSU, chose the scholarship offer from the Bulldogs over opportunities at Missouri, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt. He said it's been his dream to play golf in the SEC and is excited to begin his college career in Starkville in 2017.

"Everything they've got golf-wise is just so awesome," Goodman said. "It's a great college town. It's in the SEC ... I've always wanted to play at great courses, great facilities and with great coaches. I wanted to go somewhere that I feel comfortable enough to play early."

Goodman has been successful in amateur tournaments and school tournaments, and he believes the competition at Spring Creek Ranch has helped to elevate everyone's game.

"We do all sorts of team games or play head-to-head match play. Where I used to play, we didn't have that. It's just more exciting to come out here. There's so many juniors and so much competition. It's just so much more fun now."

Goodman is now the fifth SCR junior to accept a scholarship offer. Peyton Dix (University of Memphis), Parker Sexton (University of Texas) and Cal Templeton (Union University) have officially signed letters of intent with their respective schools. Abby Heck, a junior at St. Mary's, has also verbally committed to the University of Notre Dame.

If you have any news about junior tournaments or recruiting and would like to share it, please contact Jason Williams at jasonw@springcreekranch.org.