Walk-By from the Pro

Ranchers,

Hope everyone has had a chance to enjoy the early spring we have been experiencing. We actually have grass growing on the driving range. Hopefully, this trend will continue.

The Bull & The Bear sign-ups

We have some plans for the month of March. The Bull & The Bear sign-up will be Sunday, March 26th at 7 AM. We will mirror the same protocol as last year. I will send out an email with all pertinent information the first week of March.

Other Tournament Updates

The ladies will get their season going starting March 23rd. The Opening Day/Luncheon will be held on March 30th. I will keep you updated with more information throughout the month. Also, we have a Ladies’ "Intro to Golf" clinic on March 16th, from 4 PM to 5 PM. We will have the advanced clinic on March 23rd from 9 AM to 11 AM. If you have any questions or you want to sign up for either clinic, please contact the Golf Shop at 901-853-5650.

The Dylan Cup, our Junior Club Championship, is quickly approaching. This tournament has some very distinguished champions. Players such as Grant Hirschman (currently at Oklahoma), Winston Margaritis (committed to TCU), and Goodman Rudolph (signed with Mississippi State) are just a few of the great players that have etched their name on the trophy. Please call the Golf Shop to sign up.

Equipment Updates

The new season has had a major breakthrough with equipment. Callaway, TaylorMade and Titleist have each made big introductions. Drivers from Callaway and TaylorMade have already had some major impact with numbers and fittings. Titleist has introduced a new ProV1 and ProV1x. Scott Felix and myself have been selected to as Showcase Partners for the new Scotty Cameron putters. Scott will now have all the models, left-handed included, for the new Scotty Camerons. Be sure to call Scott Felix and see how you can take of advantage of these advancements in technology.

The Gauntlet: Range Games

Starting on March 1st, we have started an incentive to our current range challenge, The Gauntlet. For those of you that are not familiar with our range games, it includes a putting challenge and a short game challenge. The putting challenge includes 18 holes on the large putting green by the Golf Shop.

At the end of every month, the player with the lowest score will receive a free cart fee. The short game challenge, which takes place at the large chipping green at the North End, consists of 12 different shots where the most accumulated points will also receive a free cart fee.

Here’s the kicker! If I have the best score on either challenge, there will not be a winner. Robert Davis will receive a free cart fee for the previous months for his score on the putting contest. Whoever has the best score for the entire year on either challenge, will receive a free guest fee. Good luck!

Keep the birdies rolling,

Matthew Brock, PGA