Walk-By from the Pro

Ranchers,

This spring has produced several days of rain already.  The demand to get off the paths has been substantial.  We have one of the toughest courses to play when carts are on the path.  With that said, there are several areas that have been heavily damaged.  Please be aware of wet spots, especially in the rough, on the days we are allowed off the path, especially after a couple days of rain.

Hopefully with the warmer temperatures and the rain, the grass will continue to pop, and we will continue to progress.  We have new range balls that we plan to break out on Saturday, April 1st.  I wanted to bring them out two weeks ago, but with the continuous rain, I have been hesitant in fear of losing some to plugging.

Due to the Masters next week, we have decided to cancel the Roundup.  We will be open for regular play on Saturday, April 8th.  Be sure to come out and see what all is going on for Masters week.  Wednesday, we will have a Par 3 course setup.  There will be Masters’ themed offerings all week at F&B also, so be sure to check it all out.

As many of may or may not know, Erik Charron, the First Assistant Golf Professional, moved to Lexington yesterday.  One of his responsibilities was conducting our junior program.  I am working on revising and introducing the program in the next couple of weeks.  Please look for information soon.

Keep the birdies rolling,

Matthew Brock, PGA