Walk-By from the Pro (April 27th)

Ranchers,

Spring Creek Ranch had a very successful week in both men’s and women’s interclub tournaments.  Last Wednesday & Thursday, the ladies successfully defended the Bash and returned the cup back to Spring Creek Ranch.  The Bash is the interclub tournament between our ladies and the ladies from TPC Southwind. 

The men traveled to Chenal Country Club in Little Rock, Ark., this past weekend to participate in the Southern Cup Invitational.  The Southern Cup Invitational includes 16-man teams from Chenal Country Club, Old Waverly, the Ledges and SCR.  After falling behind on the first day, SCR rallied with two big days on Saturday and Sunday to return the trophy back to SCR.  Congratulations to both our teams!

There’s several things going on at the Ranch in the coming month.  This weekend, we have our inaugural stroke play event, The Oak.  Entry fee is $80 and includes lunch on Saturday.  Tee times will be after lunch on Saturday and from 9:30-11:30 on Sunday.  The winner of the championship flight will receive an exemption into the Tennessee Mid-Am in September.  Please call the Golf Shop or apply online here.  The deadline will be 2 PM on Friday.  We will post tee times by 5 PM on Friday.

The Stampede, our member-member match play, will be hosted Friday, May 19th, through Sunday, May 21st.  Sign-ups will begin this Saturday.  There will not be a qualifier this year.  Teams will be drawn based on handicap for positioning purposes.  Any teams outside the top 16 will have a play-in match on Friday morning.  The entry fee is $65 and includes lunch on Friday.  Deadline for sign-up will be Wednesday, May 17th, at 5 PM.

The Junior Program is completed, and information will go out in the next week.  If your child is interested in interclub league play, please contact me at 901-853-5650.  We have one-day clinics and two week-long clinics on the schedule for this coming year.  Please feel free to contact me with any questions at matthewb@springcreekranch.org.

As I was marking the course this week, I found several golf balls.  Several of those balls were our practice balls that we use on the range and short game facilities.  These golf balls are for practice areas only.  It is detrimental to the operation and budget to use these balls on the golf course.  Please help us ensure that these balls remain at the practice facility. Thank you for your cooperation!

Keep the birdies rolling,

Matthew Brock, PGA

Head Golf Professional