Walk-By from the Pro

Ranchers,

Member Accomplishments

We’ve had some great representation from the members of our club lately.  Yesterday, Drew Miller, the 2017 Junior Club Champion, qualified for US Open Sectionals after a 66 at Jackson Country Club.  We had seven current members finish in the top 4 of the MGA Four-Ball Tournament last weekend.  In two weeks, we will several members playing in the Tennessee State Open.  Keep up the momentum, Ranchers!

Policy Infractions

There have been several instances of policy infractions around the club recently.  Dress code should be observed at all times.  Members are responsible for their guest(s).  T-shirts, denim and/or cargo pants/shorts are forbidden.  Hats must be worn forward, and shirts should be tucked in at all times. 

Also, there has been some complaints about loud music and yelling.  Please abide by the 30-yard rule: if you can hear your music further than 30 yards, it may be too loud.  I, myself, like to have some tunes going while on the course.  But it’s important not to disturb anyone else while doing so.

New Golf Shop Personnel

I have some new staff for the Golf Shop!  Mr. Randy McLendon started last week.  He has experience in several different avenues and should be a huge addition with his detailed and calm demeanor.  Next week, we have Mrs. Andrea Tate, who will immediately grab your attention with her engaging personality.  We will have one intern in the golf shop, Mr. Mitch Otten, who comes from Eastern Kentucky University.  Be sure to stop by and introduce yourself!

Junior Clinics

We have some Junior Clinics approaching.  On May 28th, we have a one-hour clinic for beginners or brand new juniors.  It will be held from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM. We will go over basic setup and movements of the golf swing.  Preferred age is 6 and older.  Price is $25 per junior. 

We will have another junior day on Wednesday, from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM.  If you are interested, please contact the Golf Shop at 901-853-5650 or golfshop@springcreekranch.org.

Tee Time Reservation Policies

I am enclosing the policies for the peak season.  There are some changes but should make the experience more pleasurable for everyone.  If you have any questions, please be sure to contact me.

Keep the birdies rolling,

Matthew Brock, PGA