Walk-By from the Pro (February 1st)

Ranchers, 

Hope everyone has a great first month of 2018!  We have seen temperatures down in the single digits and then back in the 60s in the same week. It's going to be a great weekend, so come on out and see us. 

Last week, I made my annual trip to the PGA Merchandise Show.  This allows me to look at several vendors all at once.  I usually decide which brands I will bring into the Golf Shop and try to find the next newest and greatest product. 

Jones Golf has a new bag design out this year.  I have ordered several different colors for the spring.  We will continue to carry Ping, Sun Mountain and Titleist golf bags in addition to Jones. 

We have a couple of different brands that I will introduce this fall season.  Travis Mathew, which is not new to the golfing world, but will be new to the Ranch, will ship this Spring.  I will also bring in Dunning starting this August.  Dunning is a quality, higher-end product designed specifically for golf.  Fennec is a fairly new brand to the golfing scene and is best described as a mix of FootJoy and Peter Millar. 

We will continue to carry FootJoy and Peter Millar this year, in addition to Donald Ross in the spring. We will continue to carry Winston headcovers, along with headcovers by Stitch.  I am bringing in New Era hats this spring as well.  New Era makes a fuller fitting, better quality hat.  I’m still working on rounding my arsenal this year.  As always, I love to hear input and talk merchandise and equipment. 

Super Bowl Sunday is here!  We have a couple things going on in lieu of the big day.  First, we have started a square board in the Golf Shop.  If you have never played a board, it is pure luck.  You pick a square, and after each quarter, a corresponding number will win depending on the total score of the game.  If you can’t make it, give us a call and we will pick your square for you!

On Sunday, we are going to have a golf game, weather-permitting.  Players will receive full handicap to achieve a net score.  Whoever is closest or actually has a net score that matches the total points of the Super Bowl will win.  Both games are $10 and all payouts will be in Golf Shop credit.  

Since the weather looks possibly dismal on Sunday, we will have a guest day on Tuesday.  Whatever the total score of the Super Bowl is, that will be the guest fee. If the score is 24-25, the guest fee will be $49.   

We are almost out the woods with the cold weather.  Warm weather is around the corner, and it’s time to knock the dust back off the clubs. If you still haven’t committed to getting fit this year, it’s not too late.  If you are lacking motivation, we have our own Physical Therapist and Fitness Instructor Julie McGuire. 

Please keep updated with the SCR App.  It’s free and has up to the minute information about what’s going on the Ranch! 

Keep the birdies rolling, 

Matthew Brock, PGA