Walk-By from the Pro

Ranchers,

It’s definitely spring time at Spring Creek Ranch.  The grass is turning green, the trees are starting to bud, and the rain keeps coming.  We have several events coming up, so let me get you up to date.

Friday Night Lights

(Friday, April 6th)

The first thing to bring to attention is this upcoming Friday, we have a brand new event!  Friday Night Lights will be held for the first time ever on April 6th. 

The concept is three-person teams will play #10, #17 and #18.  Here’s the kicker.  It will be held at night.  The first tee time will be at 7:40, with the last time at 9:40. 

No, this is not a glow ball tournament.  You can use your own golf balls.  How, you ask?  We have huge stadium lights lighting up the three holes. 

The format will be a progressive best ball.  On #10, each team will take the best ball.  On #17, each team will take the best two balls.  And on #18, the team will take all three balls. 

There is a Net division, so it is imperative everyone has a handicap.  The entry fee is $50 per person or $150 per team.  This includes all golf, carts and a meal ticket with our very own Ashton Hall. Tee times are filling up quick, so sign up now! Click below to sign up.

Titleist Promotion

Do you like free stuff?  We have a Titleist promotion currently going on where if you order 3 dozen golf balls, you get the fourth dozen free!  This includes free personalization.  Please email us your order at golfshop@springcreekranch.org

Just let us know whether you want ProV1 or ProV1x and what kind of personalization you want.  Personalization comes in black, blue, red, green or pink.  Stock up now! 

Masters Week

Masters week is practically here.  In honor of the tournament, we have several activities taking place. 

Starting Wednesday, we will have a Par 3 contest.  Players will have the option to play our new par 3 course, HIDD3N, throughout the week to commemorate the Par 3 contest at the Masters. 

Players may play any afternoon Wednesday through Saturday.  Entry fee is $10, and gift certificates will be paid out to winners.  Just check in at the Golf Shop before you play to get a scorecard.  Also, be sure to check out F&B is offering in conjunction with the Masters. 

The Stampede

The Stampede, our Men's Member-Member Match Play Tournament, has changed slightly this year.  Initially, there were going to be two qualifiers with the tournament being held on a specific date. 

I have gone back to the original dynamic of playing throughout the whole summer.  This allows players to play each match at their own convenience.  So there will be no qualifiers.  Everybody will go to match play.  If there are uneven teams, we will randomly assign bye rounds.  Please sign up before the deadline of April 26 at 5pm. 

Ladies' Opening Day

The Ladies’ Opening Day is next Thursday, April 5th.  The 9-hole scramble will start at 9am with a luncheon to follow.  There will also be huge discounts on ladies apparel.  Be sure to contact me if you are interested. 

Sign-Ups for The Bull & The Bear 2018

Registration for The Bull & The Bear 2018 is next Sunday, April 8th at 8am.  We have been sending emails out regularly on how to sign up. 

If you are not getting these emails, please contact me immediately at 901-853-5650 or matthewb@springcreekranch.com.  The email needs to be correct to properly sign up.  The dates for the tournament are June 13th through 16th.   

Thanks for checking in this week.  As you can tell, Masters week will be very active at the Ranch.  Be sure to come hang out and follow coverage.  It is going to be one of the most exciting and anticipated Masters in a while.  Lots of predictions, but I think it will be Rory McIlroy to complete his career Grand Slam. 

Keep the birdies rolling, 

Matt Brock, PGA