Congratulations to Justin Colley, who won the Men's Club Championship in extra holes over Matt Mitchell. Colley used a par on the second hole to win sudden death.
Despite an early advantage, Colley and Mitchell were all square after the front nine. Colley took holes #10 and #12 to go 2-up in the match. Mitchell got a hole back on #14, but an errant tee shot on #15 ensured Colley a 2-up lead with three holes to go.
But Mitchell responded with a birdie on #16 and a par on #17 to bring the match to all square going into the 18th hole. On the 18th, Colley's birdie putt missed slightly left while Mitchell safely made par.
Turning to hole #1 for sudden death, both competitors had good drives leading to birdie opportunities. Mitchell drained a long putt, putting the pressure on Colley with a short 6-foot chance. Colley found the bottom of the cup.
On #2, Mitchell's drive found the hazard on the left while Colley's tee shot rolled to the center of the fairway. Mitchell's ball was found and able to punched out into the fairway. But Colley was able to take advantage and two-putt for par to claim the title.
BRACKET RESULTS - FIRST ROUND
1) Ben Fisher def. 16) Keith King
9) Steve Scott def. 8) Gary Simpson
4) Justin Colley def. 13) Don Mundie
5) Tyler Thompson def. 12) John Harrington
15) Matt Mitchell def. 2) Chad Tidwell
7) Jason Walters def. 10) Kittrell Smith
3) Tim Roop def. 14) Mike Miller
6) Keith Schmitt def. 11) Kent Thompson
BRACKET RESULTS - SECOND ROUND
1) Ben Fisher def. 9) Steve Scott
4) Justin Colley def. 5) Tyler Thompson
15) Matt Mitchell def. 7) Jason Walters
3) Tim Roop def. 6) Keith Schmitt
BRACKET RESULTS - SEMIFINALS
4) Justin Colley def. 1) Ben Fisher
15) Matt Mitchell def. 3) Tim Roop
BRACKET RESULTS - CHAMPIONSHIP
4) Justin Colley def. 15) Matt Mitchell